Lillian Williams Memorial Scholarship
2023 Trade/Technical/Engineering Scholarship Application
Hosted by the SVE Alumni Association
- Williams Construction* is offering one $2,000 trade scholarship.
- The Lillian Williams Memorial Trade Scholarship award is available to SVE graduating seniors entering a trade/technical/engineering program, typically defined by a single focused skill or profession.
Examples: Building Construction, Carpentry, Electrician, Mason, HVAC, Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Trade / Technical / Engineering programs must provide either a grade structure or a certification of completion.
- Awardee must maintain passing grades of “C” or better for the first semester of study and proof of registration for the second semester (or semester equivalent).
- Completed Lillian Williams Memorial Trade Scholarship application created on this page.
- Current resume must be pasted in the last data entry block above the Captcha.
- Completed application and resume must be submitted no later than May 5, 2023.
IRS Tax Implications:
The Lillian Williams Trade Scholarship Award may be taxable. The responsibility of reporting and paying any tax rests with the recipient.
Topic 421 – Scholarship and Fellowship Grants
To learn which expenses are tax deductible, please review IRS Pub 970 (2013) linked here:
IRS Pub 970 (2013) Tax Benefits for Education
The SVE Alumni Association, on behalf of Williams Construction, Inc., is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The SVE Alumni Association, on behalf of Williams Construction, Inc., does not release names or contact information to anyone, except as required in performing the normal business of the Association.
*Williams Construction and Spray Foam LLC is a light commercial merit shop general contractor providing construction services throughout the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. This scholarship award is created by Dan Williams, a 1992 graduate of the Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, in loving memory of his mother and long-time Spencer resident, Lillian Williams.