The Curt & Darcy Riess Family Foundation
Hosted by the SVE Alumni Association
The Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation* offers scholarships for continued collegiate study toward a Bachelor’s Degree in special needs education. The term special education refers to individualized programs, curricula, and instruction designed to address the needs of students with disabilities. A special education major prepares graduates to work in a school environment, typically teaching lessons and developing educational plans for students with disabilities. Special education teachers may work as kindergarten teachers, middle school teachers, or high school teachers.
Scholarship Award: Up to four $4,000 scholarship awards are available to SVE graduating seniors enrolled in a four-year college or university program with a career focus on special needs education.
- Awardee must be enrolled full-time in a four-year baccalaureate (undergraduate) program in special needs education.
- Awardee must maintain passing grades of “C” or better for the first semester of study and proof of registration for the second semester.
- Completed Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation scholarship application created on this page.
- Current resume must be pasted in the last data entry block above the Submit button.
- Completed application and resume must be submitted no later than May 1, 2024.
*indicates required field
IRS Tax Implications:
The Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation award may be taxable. The responsibility of reporting and paying any tax rests with the recipient.
Topic 421 – Scholarship and Fellowship Grants
To learn which expenses are tax deductible, please review IRS Pub 970 (2013) linked here:
IRS Pub 970 (2013) Tax Benefits for Education
SVEAA, on behalf of The Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation, is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
SVEAA, on behalf of The Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation, does not release names or contact information to anyone, except as required in performing the normal business of the Association.
*The Curt and Darcy Riess Family Foundation is a tax-exempt organization located in Danbury, Wisconsin.
Curt Riess, president of the Foundation, is a 1977 graduate of the Spencer-Van Etten Central School District.