SVE Alumni Association Trade Scholarship
- The Spencer Van Etten Alumni Association* is offering one $2,000 trade scholarship.
- The SVEAA Trade Scholarship award is available to SVE graduating seniors entering a vocational / technical / trade program, typically defined by a single focused skill or profession.
Examples: Cosmetology, Plumbing, Para-Legal, Carpentry, Electrician, Commercial Vehicle or Heavy Equipment License, Culinary Arts, Veterinary Technician, Medical Assistant, X-Ray Technician, etc.
- Technical / Vocational / Trade programs must provide either a grade structure or a certification of completion.
- Awardee must maintain passing grades of “C” or better for the first semester of study and proof of registration for the second semester (or semester equivalent).
- Completed SVEAA Trade Scholarship application created on this page.
- Current resume must be pasted in the last data entry block above the Captcha.
- Completed application and resume must be submitted no later than May 5, 2023.
IRS Tax Implications:
The SVE Alumni Association Trade Scholarship may be taxable. The responsibility of reporting and paying any tax rests with the recipient.
Topic 421 – Scholarship and Fellowship Grants
To learn which expenses are tax deductible, please review IRS Pub 970 (2013) linked here:
IRS Pub 970 (2013) Tax Benefits for Education
The SVE Alumni Association is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The SVE Alumni Association does not release names or contact information to anyone, except as required in performing the normal business of the Association.
*The SVE Alumni Association is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.