The Spencer Van Etten Alumni Association (SVEAA) invites you to join our Working Group meetings. With our continued growth, we have several available volunteer opportunities – something for everyone! Please take a look at the listing below as you consider how you can help us as we work to grow the association:
Remote (or Local) Positions
- Social Media Coordinator
- Create posts to Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In pages
- Roster Committee Chair
- Maintain the master SVEAA roster database
- Class Coordinator
- Organize classmates contact information
- SVEAA Class Sponsor Fundraising
- Coordinate with Class Coordinators
- Grant Writing and Foundation Support Director
- Working with the Development Chair, write grant requests for capital equipment and scholarship funding.
- Computer Skills Support
- All computer skills are an asset to SVEAA
- Photograph events for social media and web postings
- Event Hosts
- Work with Event Chair with setup and organizing positions
- Corporate Fundraising
- Join the Development Committee to recruit corporations in the region as major sponsors for our SVEAA Events
- Local Business Fundraising
- Be part of the Event Sponsor Team to solicit $100 sponsors for the SVE Open, the Panther Prowl 5K and the Throw Down Tourney.
- Are you an accountant or bookkeeper and can contribute your skills? Our treasurer would like to hear from you!
- SVEAA Officer Candidate, Committee Chair/Member
- Want to be an event director, committee chair or officer? Join the SVEAA Working Group today!
There are multiple areas to find a place and get involved. Contact me or one of the committee chairs listed here for more detailed information about these or other positions. If you would like to be considered for one of these positions let me know!
I look forward to receiving your thoughts and ideas for the alumni association.
Gary Vergason ‘72, President
SVE Alumni Association
PO Box 216
Spencer, NY 14883