Vergason Technology, Inc.
2024 Trade Scholarship
Hosted by the SVE Alumni Association
- Vergason Technology, Inc.* is offering one $2,000 trade scholarship.
- The VTI Trade Scholarship award is available to SVE graduating seniors entering a vocational / technical / trade program, typically defined by a single focused skill or profession.
Examples: Cosmetology, Plumbing, Para-Legal, Carpentry, Electrician, Mason, Commercial Vehicle or Heavy Equipment License, Culinary Arts, Veterinary Technician, Medical Assistant, X-Ray Technician, etc.
- Technical / Vocational / Trade programs must provide either a grade structure or a certification of completion.
- Awardee must maintain passing grades of “C” or better for the first semester of study and proof of registration for the second semester (or semester equivalent).
- Completed VTI Trade scholarship application created on this page.
- Current resume must be pasted in the last data entry block above the Submit button.
- Completed application and resume must be submitted no later than May 1, 2024.
*indicates required field
IRS Tax Implications:
The VTI Scholarship Award may be taxable. The responsibility of reporting and paying any tax rests with the recipient.
Topic 421 – Scholarship and Fellowship Grants
To learn which expenses are tax deductible, please review IRS Pub 970 (2013) linked here:
IRS Pub 970 (2013) Tax Benefits for Education
SVE Alumni Association, on behalf of Vergason Technology Inc., is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
SVEAA on behalf of Vergason Technology Inc. does not release names or contact information to anyone, except as required in performing the normal business of the Association and VTI.
*Vergason Technology, Inc. is recognized as a leader in PVD Applications and World Class PVD Equipment Manufacturing. VTI was founded by Gary Vergason, a 1972 graduate of the Spencer Van Etten Central School District.